This recipe is another Beth original, inspired by completely missing the boat with the Sweet Potato Veggie Burger recipe.
However, my version soon turned into what I thought looked like hummus:
And which I soon realized tasted like hummus too!
In fact, I had to dump in TONS of flour into it to finally get it to form patties--and the whole thing ended up having the consistency of really bad cookies. And definitely did not make only7-8 large patties, but more like 20 medium patties that have now set up residence in my freezer! Needless to say, I won't ever be making that recipe again.....as a veggie burger ;)
However, here is the hummus recipe I came up with that is so tasty:
Ingredients:
1 Sweet Potato
2 cans drained White Kidney Beans (Garbanzo or Navy beans should work fine as well)
2 Tbs Tahini (I had no clue what this was! Turns out, it's roasted sesame seed paste. It's a Mediterranean item...and we had to ask a manager at Smith's before we found it!)
2 tsp "Perfect Pinch" Garlic & Herb, salt free seasoning by McCormick
1/2 tsp iodized sea salt
1 tsp pepper
Veggies of your choice
Directions:
1. Roast your sweet potato, cool & peel. (Roasting is easy and tasty--use a knife or fork to stab holes in your yam, place it on the oven rack with a aluminum foil covered cookie tray on the wrack beneath it to catch drippings, cook at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes)
2. Add sweet potato, cans of beans, tahini, seasonings & veggies into a food processor (I used our Ninja blender).
3. Blend until smooth, and serve!
Now, the beauty of this recipe is that you can change it up each time! Just keep tasting your mix until you enjoy the flavor. For this one, I added a "broccoli slaw" mix from the grocery store--it contained broccoli, carrots and cabbage. I love the roasted red pepper hummus at the grocery store, so we'll try that next. My husband really loved the flavor boost added by the McCormick mix mentioned above--here it is:

No comments:
Post a Comment