This has recently become a family favorite--every time I bake a batch, it's practically inhaled by my husband and one year old! For whatever reason, the taste closely resembles french fries. A great one to try for those who usually turn up their nose at broccoli ;)
Unfortunately, I'm not much of a measurer-er. I usually eye-ball how much ingredients I put on, and have done my best to describe the amounts in the description. Seriously though, you can't do a lot of harm to these. Give them a try!
Ingredients
1-2 Heads of broccoli
Olive oil
Garlic Powder
Onion Flakes
Thyme
Directions
Set oven to 400 degrees
Cover cookie sheet in foil
Rinse the broccoli
Cut into florets (keep some big for the Pops, and make some small ones for the toddlers...and for those who like 'em a little crunchy--like me!)
Set florets on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil
Sprinkle on garlic powder, making sure to hit every floret ;)
Add a few onion flakes & lightly sprinkle the Thyme over everything
Mix everything together on the pan. I like to rub the florets right into the mix to get them good and coated.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes (watch & experiment to get a roasted to crunchy variety).
These usually disappear within 2 minutes....followed by requests that I make some more. Just change the foil on the pan, and repeat! Makes for a delicious, healthy snack you can feel good about feeding your family ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment